To provide direction and leadership in the worship of the congregation that is consistent with the mission of the church. The primary emphasis will be to take responsibility for creating an atmosphere of worship through music and the creative arts. He or she shall oversee and coordinate the music ministry of Bethany Baptist church, encouraging as many people as possible to use their musical skills and gifts for God’s glory.
• Direct oversight of the adult choir, including selection of music, recruitment, rehearsals, and performance at the regularly scheduled services and special events.
• Develop and train vocal and instrumental groups for the contemporary service.
• Be responsible for planning the worship services (traditional and contemporary) in collaboration with the senior pastor and other related staff.
• Utilize worship technologies and methods (i.e., use of a variety of media, drama, video, etc.) that integrate with themes selected by the pastor.
• Plan and direct occasional musicals or cantatas with the adult choir as requested.
• Plan occasional music events (concerts, music camps, choir retreats, etc.) that enhance the congregations’ ability to worship together and that strengthen the skills of participants in the music ministry.
• Provide general overall music ministry direction as needed for graded choir program (i.e. etc., Kids Khorus, Children’s Choir)
• Be responsible for maintaining church owned musical instruments.
• Arrange, transpose, or compose music for use in church functions and ministries, securing necessary authorizations from publishers and composers (CCLI).
• Coordinate other ministry teams as needed (i.e., interpretive movement, drama, banners, etc.).
• Plan and oversee a comprehensive budget for music and worship ministry.
Attend weekly staff meetings.
Serve as member of the Church Ministry Coordinating Council.
Serve as head of Worship Council.
Attend and report at quarterly church conferences the activities, achievements, and needs of the music ministry.
Assist in planning special events involving music ministry participants (VBS, revivals, outreach events, etc.).
Keep Senior Pastor abreast of music programs and activities.
Assist with other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
It is understood that this position is part-time for 20 hours a week.
The Minister of Music and Worship is responsible to the Senior Pastor who will supervise, evaluate, and provide a report of evaluation to the Personnel Committee.