• Download invoices and statements from vendor sites; scan invoices received via mail.
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Process electronic purchase orders, matching to invoices.
• Process check requests including petty cash and employee reimbursements.
• Scan credit card receipts and enter charges.
• 1099 vendor maintenance.
• Respond to all vendor inquiries.
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
• Reconcile all deposits with supporting documentation prior to processing.
• Code and enter all cash receipts, including store sales and donations.
• Make deposits both electronically and at the bank.
• Prepare invoices as needed.
• Assist with donation processing as needed.
• Post available positions on websites and/or other media.
• Process incoming applications and respond to applicants.
• Review handbook and complete paperwork with new hires.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
• Attend internal and external meetings and trainings as requested or expected.
• Model Christ-likeness in word and deed.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong work ethic
• Well organized and self-motivated
• Comfortable in a paperless environment
• Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
• Proficient in Adobe Acrobat, Excel and QuickBooks
• Strong problem solving skills
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles
• Ability to perform research effectively and efficiently
• Ability to analyze data
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
• Christian with a ministry mindset, interested in ministering to the poor and homeless, demonstrating Christ’s love
• 2+ years of accounting and/or bookkeeping experience using QuickBooks, preferably QuickBooks online
• High School diploma or GED
• College accounting courses