Are you doing anything special for your boss today?
(article by Katherine Lewis)
Today is a great excuse to send your supervisor a note of thanks or appreciation. In honor of the holiday, staffing firm Adecco surveyed workers, finding that a majority of employees (59%) wouldn’t change anything about their boss, and 78% felt their boss would go to bat for them. When it comes to taboo topics of discussion with a supervisor, the largest group (25 percent) was uncomfortable about relationship status, followed by political beliefs (16 percent), medical history (11 percent) and religion (10 percent).
Other interesting survey findings:
- Only 30 percent of employees stayed in touch with former bosses on social networks.
- Men are more likely to have male bosses, at 76 percent compared to 46 percent of women.
- Women are more likely to have female bosses, 52 percent vs 21 percent of men.
Looking at the presidential race, 37 percent said President Obama would make the best boss, followed by former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin at 13 percent, Rick Perry at 11 percent and Mitt Romney at 10 percent.
VERSE: “Let everything that has breath praise the LORD” Psalm 150
QUOTE: “A person who loves his job, will never work a day in his life.”
MON-SAT 6A-10A(& Sunday@5 host)
Latest posts by Verne Hill (see all)
- Prayer Gathering in downtown Greensboro - June 4, 2020
- Alzheimer’s Association: FREE Virtual Ed Programs in June - June 4, 2020
- Thursday News, JUNE 04, 2020 - June 4, 2020