“SEE YOU AT THE POLE” – the annual student-led prayer event happened this morning (Sept 25). This year’s verse: 2 CHRONICLES 7:14 – “IF WE PRAY, SEEK, TURN; THEN GOD HEARS, FORGIVES and HEALS” http://syatp.com/
MEMO from Alliance Defending Freedom regarding “See You at the Pole” – Students have a constitutional right to participate in SYATP through prayer and worship activities. Furthermore, students and student clubs have constitutional rights to inform their fellow students about the SYATP event as long as they do not materially disrupt the academic process while doing so. Here is a quick summary of students’ rights related to SYATP:
SUMMARY OF STUDENTS’ RIGHTS
1. Students and student clubs have the right to organize and attend See You at the Pole.
2. Students have the right to distribute See You at the Pole flyers to other students during non-instructional time, as long as it is not done in a disruptive manner.
3. Students and student clubs have the right to display See You at the Pole posters and banners on bulletin boards, hallway walls, etc. to the same extent that other students and student clubs are permitted to display posters and banners at school.
4. Students and student clubs have the right to make P.A. announcements promoting See You at the Pole to the same extent that other students or student clubs are permitted to make announcements regarding school-related events.
5. Students have the right to use religious words like “pray,” “God,” and “Jesus” and to include Bible verses on advertisements for See You at the Pole.
6. Students have the right to wear clothing and accessories advertising See You at the Pole if clothing is permitted to contain other types of speech.
VERSE: “Let everything that has breath praise the LORD” Psalm 150
QUOTE: “A person who loves his job, will never work a day in his life.”
MON-SAT 6A-10A(& Sunday@5 host)