Unlike a simple NC driver’s license renewal, you must bring in several ‘documents’ to a DMV office to get a Real ID. This cannot be done online!
Starting in October 2020, people who fly commercial airlines in the US will need to show two forms of identification – or just show your Real ID NC driver’s license – one with a gold star in the upper right hand corner.
It will just make boarding a little easier. The Real ID is OPTIONAL, but now is the time to consider getting one before the October 2020 deadline.
NOTE: This is mainly for the ladies: If your name has changed and does not match the name on your certified birth certificate, passport or other identifying information, you must provide a proof of name change, such as a certified marriage certificate, certified divorce decree or a certified document from the courts or Register of Deeds.
- Why should I get a REAL ID?
- The federal government will begin requiring stricter identification standards to board a commercial flight or to enter a federal facility, including courthouses and military bases, as well as nuclear plants. The REAL ID will be sufficient to board a plane or enter facilities where the public is required to show ID. To fly, those without a REAL ID will be required to show another form of identification, such as a passport, Department of Defense ID or one of dozen other IDs listed on the U.S. Transportation Security Administration’s website, www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification.
Military bases require two forms of identification if you don’t have a REAL ID.
Locate a DMV office in your area…
VERSE: “Let everything that has breath praise the LORD” Psalm 150
QUOTE: “A person who loves his job, will never work a day in his life.”
MON-SAT 6A-10A(& Sunday@5 host)
Latest posts by Verne Hill (see all)
- STUDY: Chocolate helps to ‘slow hearing loss in middle-aged people’? - April 17, 2019
- WSSU: Corrected stoles coming to grads? - April 17, 2019
- S@5: Winston Salem Street School - April 17, 2019