Clemmons United Methodist Church seeks a part-time Praise Worship Leader (approximately 12 hours a week). Position requires a skilled instrumentalist and vocalist with prior experience in worship ministry and building praise bands. To be considered candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The position will be posted until it is filled.
Position: Praise Leader
Creates an atmosphere of praise and worship that invites people to meet with God. Achieves the mission of CUMC, which is “to reach out with God’s love to connect and equip all as transformed disciples of Jesus Christ for service in the world.”
Responsible to and supports the Senior Pastor and his/her designee in carrying out the duties stated below. Subject to the HR Committee on all matters concerning employment, salary, employee relations, etc. The HR Committee shall make performance evaluation with input from the congregation. The HR Committee will make an annual review of duties, responsibilities, and salary.
Skilled instrumentalist and vocalist with prior experience in worship ministry and building praise bands.
Essential Job Duties:
• Plan music for services in coordination with the Senior Pastor in an appropriate and timely manner based upon preaching schedule and thematic outline.
• Responsible for the praise worship experience in support of the Senior Pastor.
• Work with the Communications and A/V Team in providing creative support for services as appropriate (videos, visual arts, etc.).
• Provide copies, organization of music (vocal and chord sheets) and any other necessary or related items to worship team for worship services.
• Lead and serve as a member of the Praise Band.
• Oversee recruitment of worship team and develop worship team members to the best of their unique capabilities.
• Communicate as needed rehearsal schedule, changes, additions, etc.
• Breakdown of musical equipment in chancel area of sanctuary, as necessary, for traditional worship services or other special events.
• Other appropriate programs for the Contemporary music ministry.
• Responsible for contacting the Senior Pastor when ill or to schedule absences allowing as much notice as possible.
Job Location: Clemmons United Methodist Church
Job Start Date: ASAP
Contact Name: CUMC HR
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If Interested In The Job: Send us an email expressing your interest in the job (resume must be attached)