“His Laboring Few Ministries” needs YOUR help…TODAY
Phone: 336-475-2455 http://www.hlfm.org/
Begun by Steve Ervin, “Preacher Steve”, a renewed Biker along with other like-minded bikers, His Laboring Few Ministries is a non-profit Christian organization based on the Word of God and dedicated to witnessing to the lost, training disciples and ministering to the needy in spiritual and practical ways. For the past 25 years, HLF has served the Davidson, Guilford, Forsyth, Randolph county area with primary outreach to bikers, prostitutes, gang members, prisoners, addicts, the poor and the down trodden. The fruit has been in seeing people recover and become productive citizens who share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and begin to reach others in spiritual and practical ways. Many have recovered and actively participated in the ministry. Not one staff member of His Laboring Few has ever received a salary including “Preacher Steve”. His Laboring Few does not solicit funds; all food, resources and finances are received by donation.
UPDATE: In July, Preacher Steve sustained a life altering injury while playing baseball. A baseball slammed into his forehead and injured his brain resulting in total amnesia. When he woke up, he had no memory of the ministry, his wife, or even what simple objects were. Daily he is relearning everything from scratch. He has had one memory and that was that he was saved in February 1987. Based on further tests and the fact that he had that memory, the doctors say Steve has every chance of recovery, but it could take time for the brain to heal. After three surgeries and metal plates inserted into his head, the resulting medical bills are mounting. His son Avery and other staff volunteers are done their best to keep the Church services and other ministries going. However, because Steve has been unable to preach, do his speaking engagements, or work in his leather shop his family finances and His Laboring Few Ministries finances have all but collapsed. Various debts are adding up including the electric bill and building payments for the Church and Harvest Camp. Without financing assistance as Preacher Steve recovers, the ministry will have to close its’ doors. It only takes approximately $8,000 a month to keep the lights on and bills paid because everyone gives all they have out of their pockets.
All the services are free of charge:
Harvest Camp – Remarkable recovery rate. Men who are ready to defeat their addictions are received into the camp for a 3 month stay. They are provided in-camp housing, meals, Bibles and study materials, counseling and a daily work schedule. They are taught life skills and how to come against strong holds of the world through the Word of God. They are taught who Jesus Christ is and offered the opportunity to meet Him in a deep and personal way.
Jail Ministry – Dedicated to preaching the Word of God and sharing how He has a personal love for each individual, HLF helps inmates during their incarceration and with their transition out. Many have served at HLF in their renewed life.
Feeding Programs –
The Father’s Table – 812 Martin Luther King Drive, Thomasville, NC serves free hot meals from 12- 2pm, M-F. Located across from public housing, many children, and seniors are fed the only meal they will receive that day.
Southside Mission – Corner of 85 South & Main, High Point, NC hot meals are served from 4 – 6pm, M-F.
Other Feeding and Ministry Outreaches –
- Lexington, NC Street Feeding – On Saturdays
- Winston Salem, NC preaching and feeding outreach
- Denton, NC annual campout/cookout feeding
Youth Ministry – Dedicated to witnessing to teens through music, motorcycles, testimonies, mentoring and the use of the word of God to teach young people the truth about sex, the occult, drugs and alcohol.
Children’s Outreach – Children’s Church Sunday and Wednesday night fun night 6 – 9 for mentoring and loving little people and educating them about the love of Christ for them personally.
- Clown and puppet ministry available for your church or outreach.
Homeless and Poor – Food, Clothing, Household Ministry
- Food bags
- Free clothing, furniture and household items available 10am – 2pm Wednesday
- Street Salvation Outreach –
- HLF members go to bars, bike shops, rallies, swap meets, street corners, and toy runs to offer ministry.
- Jesus Tent – Major Biker Rallies – including Daytona, FL
- Free meals are served in the day and biker church services are offered each night.
- Financed by HLF members personally.
- His Laboring Few Church – Sharing the Word and about Jesus Christ – Sundays 10am 812 Martin Luther King Drive, Thomasville, NC 27360
- An open time of pure contemporary praise and worship, straight informational teaching and preaching and prayer for the needs of the people. The alter is always open.
Contact Information: Robin St. John, Ministry Manager
812 Martin Luther King Drive, Thomasville, NC 27360
Office Hours – Wednesday 9am – 5pm Calls answered daily
VERSE: “Let everything that has breath praise the LORD” Psalm 150
QUOTE: “A person who loves his job, will never work a day in his life.”
MON-SAT 6A-10A(& Sunday@5 host)
Latest posts by Verne Hill (see all)
- BE FAST: Early warning signs of a stroke - October 27, 2020
- ONE STOP EARLY VOTING: Same-Day Registration in NC - October 27, 2020
- Tuesday News – October 27, 2020 - October 27, 2020