Do you need answers about your garden and yard? Here’s how to contact today’s guest Toby Bost with the NC Cooperative Extension Service:
Here are the details for some upcoming events sponsored by the NC Cooperative Extension Service:
Meet Joe Lamp’l on April 30th!
Meet nationally recognized garden writer and television personality, Joe Lamp’l of the GardenSMART PBS TV Show. Mr Lamp’l will present a seminar and do a book signing at the Cooperative Extension Center on April 30th at 7:00 p.m.
The program is sponsored by the Friends of the Tanglewood Arboretum; the cost is $8 per person. Please register by mail and include a check payable to the “Friends of the Arboretum”.
For more information, call 703-2850.
The fourth annual greenhouse plant sale will be from 9 a.m. to noon April 6, April 11, April 14, April 18 and April 21 at the Arboretum at Tanglewood Park, which is behind the manor house. On each day of the sale, there will be free programs on a variety of horticulture topics. The programs will begin at 11 a.m.
The programs will include:
• Flower Arranging with Lois Price of the Garden Club Council on April 6.
• Heirloom Tomatoes with David Bare, garden columnist for the Winston-Salem Journal on April 11.
• Rain Gardens with Wendi Hartup, an extension agent, on April 14.
• Growing Roses with master gardener Nancy Harper on April 18.
• N.C. Perennial Flowers with master gardener Vic Armstrong on April 21.
• A program on propagating wildflowers with master gardener Rosemary Wheeler will be held at the arboretum greenhouse on April 25. Wildflowers will be for sale.
I have been working at WBFJ since September 2004 when God threw me out of the boat I was riding in and set me on a new and wonderful course. I love co-hosting the morning show, although the lack of sleep does make me a bit loopy at times.
MON-FRI 3P-7P, SAT 3P-6P