Love, love, love this six-step plan by Psychologist and life coach Dr. Michael Mantell for helping your kids keep a neat bedroom, with NO arguing!
1. Clean your child’s room the way you want it cleaned.
2. Snap photos of every area of the room, beds, desk, closets, bookcases, corners, etc.
3. Post the pictures at your child’s eye level in his/her room.
4. Tell your child that you will check the room daily at a specific time.
5. Give your child a fair 15 minute warning that you are about to check at that specific time and then do.
6. Anything left out, or unlike the pictures, gets taken away for three days, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS
Read more about Dr. Mantell’s advice here:
I have been working at WBFJ since September 2004 when God threw me out of the boat I was riding in and set me on a new and wonderful course. I love co-hosting the morning show, although the lack of sleep does make me a bit loopy at times.
MON-FRI 3P-7P, SAT 3P-6P