The Charlotte City Council voted 7 to 4 last night to expand the city’s so called ‘nondiscrimination ordinance’ that allows transgender residents to use either a men’s or women’s bathroom, depending on the gender with which they identify.
But wait, the Governor made it clear that this Charlotte ordinance is a bad policy, and the state will step in. In North Carolina, the General Assembly has the ultimate power over municipalities. Legislators could strike down the entire ordinance, or they could eliminate the provision that allows for bathroom flexibility. They also could send the issue to voters to decide in a referendum.
IMPORTANT: Transgender “non-discrimination” laws will open the gates to insanity. The danger to women and young girls is worse than most people imagine.The LGBT movement is aggressively pushing transgender “non-discrimination” bills across the country… Read more http://massresistance.com/docs/gen3/16a/bills-in-MA-legislature/upd/transgender-bill/bathroom-danger.html
Monday’s story: The highly controversial policy change puts women, children and families in the Queen City at great risk.
The proposal would:
- Allow men to go into women’s restrooms, locker rooms, and shower rooms, and would allow women to go into men’s restrooms, locker rooms, or shower rooms, regardless of the individual’s biological sex. The ordinance would apply to any “public accommodation,” including hotels, motels, restaurants, schools, day care centers, museums, libraries, parks, amusement parks, pools, gyms, theaters, stadiums, convention centers, retail businesses, shopping malls, etc
- Force small business owners – especially those involved in the wedding industry – to embrace and celebrate same-sex unions or face legal action by the government. Similar “anti-discrimination ordinances” in other states have forced florists, photographers, bakers, bed-and-breakfast owners, and others to decide between violating their sincerely held religious beliefs about sexuality and marriage or paying severe penalties and even shutting down their businesses.
TAKE ACTION! You are also encouraged to contact the members of the Charlotte City Council (contact information is provided below) and urge them to oppose this hazardous ordinance change. Be sure your voice is heard!
Find out more from Mark Harris here: www.dontdoitcharlotte.com
Please simply go to the Faith Matters NC website at www.faithmattersnc.org.
VERSE: “Let everything that has breath praise the LORD” Psalm 150
QUOTE: “A person who loves his job, will never work a day in his life.”
MON-SAT 6A-10A(& Sunday@5 host)
Latest posts by Verne Hill (see all)
- ELECTION 2020: Locate early voting sites. View sample ballots - October 23, 2020
- Friday News, October 23, 2020 - October 23, 2020
- National Teen Driver Safety Week - October 23, 2020